Senior HR Generalist, Labor Relations
Job Location: Franklin Park
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist is responsible for developing and building strong relationships with their designated operational areas and employee groups, and will support Management/Supervisors primarily with strategic Labor Relations, Employee relations, HR policies and procedures, Performance Management, as well as Workforce Planning and Talent Acquisition on an ad-hoc basis.
• Establish and maintain effective collaborative, “win – win” working relationships with (and between) managers, bargaining unit members, union representatives and other stakeholders.
• Maintain positive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Promotes and fosters an environment of open communication and honest, candid feedback.
• Provides support and leads portions of the grievance and arbitration processes.
• Contributes to the preparation, planning and execution of collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
• Provides advice and support to HR Team about Labor issues and acts as a point of escalation as needed to ensure successful resolution.
• Acts collaboratively and proactively, as well as coaches’ managers/supervisors, to anticipate and resolve issues in advance, guides decision making process, prepares/helps prepare corrective actions, facilitates involuntary terminations and communications.
• Understands and applies applicable employment standards requirements/legislation for consistency, compliance and efficiency within the organization.
• Provides employee relations support and coaching to associates in Human Resources practices such as attendance, investigations of complaints and misconduct.
• Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Facilitates communication within the factory, and escalate employee issues and continuous improvement suggestions in line with Factory KPIs and continuous improvement programs.
• Advises managers/supervisors about the steps in the progressive discipline system of the Company. Counsels managers/supervisors on employment issues.
Employee Performance Management
• Ensures New Employee performance evaluations are completed and assist/coach supervisors/managers when required.
• Participates in employee coaching and feedback sessions.
• Provides support and participates in the recruitment process of associates, skilled trades and supervisors.
• Reviews resumes, conducts interviews, facilitates the consensus building process and makes recommendation to hire for associates, skilled trades and supervisors.
• Monitors the organizational culture so that it supports the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor's degree, typically in Commerce, Business, Human Resources Management or Labor Relations.
• Minimum 5 years HR experience in a comparable environment, preferably within Manufacturing, with a focus on Labor Relations, Employee Relations, and Employee Communications.
• Experience working in a unionized environment requiring regular contract/CBA interpretation is required.
• Experience facilitating and supporting successful mediation/arbitration/grievance processes.
• Experience working with continuous improvement methodologies to drive change improvement in business operations.
• Excellent communication, relationship building and conflict resolution skills
• Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural business environments.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and service short-term and/or unplanned needs while continuing to make progress against annual and longer-term strategic objectives.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.