Plant Operating Planner
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, and Kinder Joy®.
With innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
About the role:
Ensure optimal scheduling of short to long-term production & materials in order to meet the production budget in the allotted periods and volumes coordinated with the Commercial Market Unit.
Ensuring in stock of all necessary raw materials and packaging related to semi-finished and finished product codes.
This position is a combination of Central planning, local planning and materials planning.
- Local production planning (short and long term);
- Receive weekly requests from business units;
- Review the plans feasibility based on the line capacity, manpower and shift standards;
- Enter the plans into the information system (SAP/APO) which will determine, based on production models, the required production factors, i.e. raw materials, packaging etc.;
- Collaborate with sourcing material planners to ensure packaging and raw materials are delivered on time;
- Prepare the following weeks production schedule and share with UGP Managers, and RTO’s;
- Ensure short to long term production schedule is as accurate to Market requests as possible and maintain Market stock coverage within Market coverage thresholds;
- Ensure short to long term production schedule optimizes line efficiency and minimizes waste;
- Keep strong communication with SNP/demand planners, advising of any criticalities proactively, suggesting solutions to ensure FG coverage at the proper level and no impact on CFR;
- Review inventory levels in SAP, every Monday morning, and assess potential discrepancies;
- Manage any changes to the production schedule as a result of unforeseen circumstances and make decisions to ensure the optimization of production resources and business requirements;
Who we are looking for:
- BS/BA degree required (preferably in an Industrial Engineering, Logiscs Management, Supply Chain Management or Business Management).
- Competency using ERP, MRP and material planning software packages + Production Scheduling software & systems(SAP/APO)
- Proficiency (advanced) in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- Solid understanding of forecasting and inventory management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills/excellence with numbers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Commitment to change using a Continuous Improvement approach
- Strong leadership and communication skills in a Team environment
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment while maintaining strong sense of urgency and focus on service
- Fluency in French and English