Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager, SEA, HK/TW, KR/JP
Job Location: Singapore
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
• To monitor the Policy alignment and implementation progress at multi-countries level.
• To enhance internal controls environment of the SEA, HK/TW, KR/JP branch offices or entities.
• To coordinate, review and improve GRC processes on a multi-countries level.
• To recommend improvement areas and controls for identified control gaps / weaknesses
• To evaluate and challenge the adequacy of remediation plans designed for control gaps.
• To support introduction of local / regional procedures and processes with Functions
• To participate / lead in risk-related projects driven from Group, Area, Region, and individual country level.
• To support in organizational change projects / implementation with risks evaluation
1. Ensure Local Rollout / Compliance of Group Policies:
• Liaising with local responsibilities to complete the follow-up assessment of Risk Control Matrix.
• Validating follow-up assessment provided by local responsibilities (including retaining supporting documentation).
• Updating of local procedures to reflect changes and corrective actions.
• Collaborating with Functions to ensure ongoing compliance after initial implementation.
2. Perform Governance, risk and compliance review on business processes:
• Liaising with local function managers to complete a full review on business processes to identify risk areas
• Ensuring relevant controls are in placed for risk areas identified
• Designing with local function managers effective remediation plans for risks / control gaps
• Providing expert advice on and ensuring Segregation of duties
3. Perform GRC site / virtual visits to ensure the internal controls are sufficient, preparing reports of the results before aligning with Region GRC Manager and the local functions.
4. Suggest improvements in control weakness identified / highlighted during day-to-day business operations, and support Functions in local risks identification and facilitate cross functional solution of issues.
5. Remediation of Issues
• Monitoring and assessment of Issues raised in SAP PC
• Challenging the feedback from local responsibilities on corrective actions
• Assessing of local responsibilities’ action plans
• Validating and assuring that control gap has been fully remediated in practice and in SAP PC
6. Lead / participate in risk-related projects driven from Group, Area and Region.
7. Participate in Area / Region change projects providing support and advice regarding the implementation of the applicable governance as part of the project plan.
8. Work with Business Units to design and implement Regional Procedures in order to standardize business processes and improve the internal controls environment.
9. Report status of activities and issues to Region GRC Manager, Local GM and CFO.
10. Liaise with Group Internal Audit for audit project and internal audit related issues (if any).
11. Liaise with External Audit for Internal Controls testing requirements (if any).
12. Collaborate with Region GRC, Region Tax Manager and local functions on compliance to Principal Governance Model.
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 6-10 years of relevant work experience is a must
• Relevant professional qualifications such as CPA, CIA, CRMA or CISA is a plus
• Previous work experience in auditing, risk, or compliance
• Big-4 external auditing experience is a must
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.