Environmental Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Job Location: Alfreton
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Reporting into the Alfreton Plant Manager, this role is responsible for interacting with the team composed by the different Plant Functions accountable of Energy and Environment related topics, in full coordination with the Central references of the Industrial Sustainability, Environment and Energy Direction. With specific responsibility to manage industrial sustainability and environmental initiatives in line with centrally defined strategies and policies (e.g. industrial sustainability, emissions, scrap, waste). Providing competent guidance and proper support to the Plant Functions on energy saving topics (e.g. effective energy system design and efficiencies generation) on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Ensures the overall environmental compliance
- Develop and implement environmental strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development
- Lead environmental incidents investigations to ensure there is no risk to products, people or enviroment
- Promote all needed collaboration in the Plant Alfreton to guarantee the achievement of energy efficiency goals
- Proactively promotes and participates in activities within the busines, following continues improvements
- Carries out audits over the environmental managing system.
- Defines the budget proposal with the Environment & Energy Topics
- Take the lead on sustainable procurement for all goods and services
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation, and renewable energy
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation and keep up to date with UK, European Union and international regulation and legislation
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce an organisation's environmental risks and financial costs
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising
- Develop and implement environmental management systems to continually improve the impact of the organisation on the environment
- Train staff at all levels on environmental issues and responsibilities
- Participate in environmental education and research
- negotiate environmental service agreements and manage associated costs and revenues
- Write environmental reports, assuming lead responsibility in the company
- Set organisational sustainability targets, developing plans to meet those targets and oversee their delivery.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven track record of working in an environmental role within the Food / FMCG Industry, with solid expeeince of bith manufacturing and distribution
- Experience working as an environmental manager for minimum of 5 year
- Understand and utilise systems to carry out problem solving
- Strong knowledge of ISO policies and procedures
- Delivering performance improvement through technology and project management
- Experience of Food Factory Quality standards, Governance
- Ability to influence and coach others
- Positive and engaging work attitude
- Manage projects, as well as produce and deliver presentations
- Show initiative, to recognise emerging problems and proactively develop solutions using methods such as systems thinking
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.