Job Location: Parsippany
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
Working within the Customer Logistics Department and reporting to the EDI Manager, the EDI Lead is a liaison between the team of EDI Analysts, IT, and cross functional business partners. The role drives efficiencies through the support of EDI transactions, as well as continuous improvement opportunities via process or transaction enhancements, and customer implementations. The role ensures EDI operational integrity within the Ferrero USA Order - To - Cash (OTC) and warehouse (3PL) business lifecycles.
• Support the EDI to SAP IDOC translation of sales orders, order responses, billing, and advance ship notification to customers as well as warehouse order, shipping advice, and advance ship notification to warehouses.
• Communicate and coordinate all EDI efforts, including analysis of business requirements, the definition of EDI data and mapping requirements, as well as support processes of existing EDI operations while providing EDI expertise to the Supply Chain business function within the purview of OTC lifecycle
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities, supporting, and implementing new EDI transactions, ensuring integrity of existing EDI transactions, generating suitable reporting on EDI transactional volumes and incidents to key stakeholders
• Identify and lead the implementation of EDI process and transaction optimization
• Analyze business/customer needs to build EDI requirements for new and updated Supply Chain processes
• Communicate and coordinate EDI efforts required from analysis. Assist in the development of functional specifications. Initiate and negotiate effort with Ferrero IS and EDI Network to make changes necessary to the EDI environment
• Develop documentation/procedures for new transactions and upgrades. Review and establish EDI maps to support business needs.
• Provide necessary trainings to value chain stakeholders to enable, test, support and resolve issues with EDI transactions.
• Analyze all EDI transaction reports. Ensure the integrity of the associated transactions by checking audit trails, investigating failures, and resolving issues to support the business process. Decode EDI and application data via standard manuals and transaction documentation.
• Support and expand EDI Programs by completing EDI implementations, EDI Operations, and EDI reporting
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in a business discipline, mathematics, engineering, or computer science or 3 years work equivalent experience in SAP
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with the Order-to-Cash and warehouse lifecycle business processes preferably in a CPG supply chain
• 3 plus years of direct experience in the EDI environment
• 3 - 5 years of experience working with EDI files, SAP Applications (SD & Finance Modules) and Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office Suite of Applications - Excel, Word, Power Point
• Applied knowledge of the following EDI transactions: 850 & 875 purchase orders, 855 order response, 810 invoice, 856 customer and warehouse advance ship notifications, 940 warehouse shipping order, and 945 warehouse shipping advice
• Previous EDI technical expertise in implementing EDI transactions, maintaining EDI mappings across transactions, analyzing EDI transactions to ensure integrity of flows and understanding impact to business processes to resolve EDI errors suitably.
• Experience developing and preparing spreadsheets and graphs using SAP ECC, SAP BW, and Microsoft Application tools (Excel, Word, PPT)
• Proficient knowledge of SAP SD and Finance modules and prior EDI experience working with modules
Experience in 3rd party managed EDI providers, ie: SPS commerce, True Commerce
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills, team oriented; demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.