eCommerce Business Insights & Pure Play Manager (Amazon)
Job Location: Parsippany, NJ
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
The Business Insights (BI) & Pure Play Manager will be part of an exciting and transformative eCommerce team within Ferrero USA. The role is responsible for mining multiple sources of data, deriving actionable insights, and translating complex analysis into simple conclusions that will empower the team to take actions that improve Ferrero’s eCommerce business results. The BI & Pure Play Manager will own the ongoing KPIs reporting, business performance scorecard updating, and ad-hoc analysis that will educate and influence key business decision-making with our Leadership, Customer and Brand Teams. Additionally, the BI& Pure Play Manager will get hands on management experience within the Pure Play (Amazon et al) eCommerce environment. This role supports the eCommerce Pure Play Lead to accelerate sales growth by collaborating with cross-functional internal teams and external agencies on portfolio growth, category management, and optimization opportunities. Business knowledge, data analysis, and communication skills are needed to thrive in this multi-functional team. The position will be based in our Parsippany, NJ office.
- Builds, maintains and improves performance reports and KPIs related to eCommerce business performance to track sales against monthly/yearly targets, monthly volume estimates, risks to plan, and measure digital shelf execution effectiveness against the online business results
- Identifies and defines unique opportunities based on market trends analytics and reporting. Recommends GTM strategies and promotion changes based on key insights from analytical results (e.g. sales analysis and trending, what-if analysis, market basket analysis etc.)
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (Consumer Research, Category Management, Finance, Marketing, IT, Sales)
- Develop a strategic and consultative business relationship with key decision makers at Amazon and with our agency partners (e.g. Buyers, Amazon Vendor Services, Category Managers, Marketing teams, Agency Partners, Distributors)
- Ability to understand and articulate operational insights in order to drive internal conversation
- Manage ongoing everyday product updates, seasonal and new product launches including content, product images, item data uploads and merchandising
- Keep a close contact with Customer Services team (Supply Chain) to ensure proper processing of weekly Purchase Orders (POs) processing and collaborates with the broader supply chain team on the optimization of the distribution network that will enable the long-term growth of the Amazon business
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business; MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of related analytics experience; eCommerce Sales & CPG experience preferred
- Experience working on and/or managing the Amazon account is a plus
- Familiarity/experience with IRI
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis with analytics techniques to solve defined business problems
- Strong communication skills including the ability to deliver a clear story to influence agreement to your recommendations with data and insights
- Comfortable working with overseas business teams
- Passionate about discovering new things and ability to learn quickly
- Strong understanding of supporting eCommerce operational elements such as sales and inventory management, shipping, returns, customer service, etc.
- Related full-time or internship experience with Consumer-Packaged Goods, Retailer or eCommerce industry analytics
- Data management and visualization skills / tools (SQL, KNIME, Spotfire, PowerBI or similar)
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.