Assistant Logistics Manager, KR/JP (Yearly Renewable Contract Role on 3rd Party Payroll)
Job Location: South Korea
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
As a part of Cluster (Korea and Japan) Supply Chain Team, Responsible for Managing all Logistics and Logistics Planning activities supporting the Ferrero Business Unit in Korea and Japan. This includes managing 3PL suppliers of transport and warehousing ensuring inventory accuracy of all finished goods is maintained to compliant with Company standards. The incumbent will ensure continuity of product supply, quality, support of the company’s freshness objectives, inventory policy, Warehouse occupancy, Warehousing and Transport cost. The focus will be to lead, develop and build the team’s knowledge, as well as communicate and develop expectations and relationships with Suppliers and Distributors ensuring that service levels are exceeded. The incumbent will have close working relationships with Customer Service, Planning, Marketing, Sales as it provides a service to these departments by providing the right stock, right shelf life, right quantity and at the right time. Excellent Service Levels, Speed to market and the interaction between product supply (manufacturing plants and 3rd party activity) and local activity (Sales and Marketing) will be the key to the success of this role.
• Ensure Logistics processes are executed in line with Group guidelines, including Inventory Counts, FEFO rules, Destructions, Donations, Returns, etc.
• Manage 3PLs in line with Group guidelines, including performance reviews, KPI regular assessment, improvement requests, Cost control, etc.
• Ensure stock consistency at batch level by proper management of Inbound, Storage, Handling, Picking and Outbound activities, Aging Stock management.
• Handle repacking activities: coordinate operations to ensure stock is repacked on a timely manner from 3PL prospective.
• Manage deployment of stock from plants to markets: container allocation with coordination with the production plan to maximize transportation efficiency.
• Guarantee proper performance of IT tools, including SW assessments, improvement requests, tickets management, EDI fixing or new tool deployment
• Order flow management for LRD market: supervise the operation and ensure import/export operations are efficient.
• Perform weekly DPS deployments with efficiency in saturation (cost and time)
• Assess network resources needed to support efficiently the Business
• Define Warehousing strategy by leading Warehousing tender to implement a one solution minimizing risks and optimizing Operation capabilities
• Define Imports strategy, objectives of the Freight Forwarder to add value to our business and performance of shipping lines importing into Korea and Japan
• Co-lead with Customer service Cost to serve review to optimize our footprint
• Create set of KPIs and reports to set governance of the function
COST MANAGEMENT & DATA ANALYSIS
• Manage Logistics costs & KPI in line with BGT objectives, including Warehousing, Import costs, Distribution and any other 3PL related costs such as demurrage charges, destruction cost, etc.
• Review all vendors costs to ensure that vendors are compliant. Assess any deviation vs agreements by providing Monthly, Quarterly summary and comparison report to facilitate decision making.
• Understand and improve overspends vs BGT. Implement root cause analysis and action plans to mitigate risks
• Formulate cost saving initiatives to bring Operational efficiencies: including working closely with the distributors.
QUALITY & SAFETY
• Ensure partners are operating in line with Group Quality and Safety policies
• Define internal targets for continuous improvements. Lead WH audits
• Assess periodically and set actions to boost results. Create mindset
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 4-7 years of relevant work experience with a graduate degree is a must
• Strong knowledge on Operations: 3PL & Distributor Management, Direct Market Management, Transport, Warehousing, Inventory Managements, experience in Multi-SKU manufacturing/Retail/Consumer Companies
• Holistic understanding of aspects of Customer Service, Planning and KPI Management
• Systems: Advanced Excel (mandatory), SAP ECC (highly required), Power BI, Microsoft Teams
• Strong Project Management skills and data analytics
• Excellent written English and Korean (Japanese is preferred, but not a must)
• Able to work under pressure efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
• Good PC skills: Excel Spreadsheets (Power pivot), Word, Power Point
• Advanced knowledge of computerized logistics/supply chain systems and reporting methodology
• Positive in the face of business changes that impact their work and procedures – remains flexible and takes prompt action
• Implements high standards of quality and accuracy
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Strong attention to detail and focused on effective execution
• Sound commercial acumen, can interpret and explain complex statistical information
• Thinks and operates in a global context
• Good understanding of product, brand building, internal process, market / customer environment
• Sound analytical and numerical skills
• Collaborative approach to solving problems creatively
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.