Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Location: Luxembourg
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in more than 50 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? 38,767 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
About the Role:
For our Ferrero HQs in Luxembourg, we are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist working in an international environment, being part of a 5 people team and reporting to the Accounts Payable and Receivable Responsible.
Within the PTP & OTC team, support the Accounts Payable & Receivable Responsible in carrying out the following tasks and activities:
• Work closely with Business Process Outsourcer ensuring that Accounting procedures and operating tasks are properly executed in line with deadlines and operating manuals;
• Investigate and resolve invoices discrepancies: root cause analysis, identification of remediation actions, timely response and follow up;
• Overseeing monthly reconciliations and E2E procedures;
• Respond to any inquiries (internal or external) regarding payment information/invoices status;
• Process urgent payments;
• Ensure monthly monitor and analysis on AP status (e.g. invoices to be received, credit notes to be received, invoices error rate, advanced payments…);
• Perform Transitory accounts reconciliations;
• Support month end closing procedures;
• Ensure clear and updated communication with Purchasing functions regarding accounting policies and procedures, providing adequate training and guidance;
• Cooperate with other team members as well as with other functions (e.g. IT, Tax, Procurement, GRC) in analyzing existing business processes to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement and streamlining of accounting procedures and flows;
• Support year end audit process and gathering of relevant documentation;
• Working with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end;
• In cooperation with finance PMO, supporting new projects development having any impact on accounting flows.
Who we are looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business;
• 2 to 4 years working experience in an accounting function;
• Dynamic, proactive;
• Ability to interact effectively and appropriately;
• Teamworking, strong problem-solving and organizational skills;
• Highly results driven and self-motivated team player;
• Solid understanding and knowledge of generally accepted accounting and bookkeeping principles and procedures;
• Curious and keen to learn.
• Leadership Team (area of responsibility);
• Operational Teams;
• Area Business Process Outsourcer;
• Governance Risk & Compliance Department (GRC);
• Group Administrative and Controlling Methodology Department (GACM):
• IT and Procurement departments.
• Solid experience with SAP;
• Good skills in MS-Office applications;
• Strong knowledge of Excel.
• Fluent in English;
• Any additional language is a plus;
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are - dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.